Maintaining a spotless home will make you healthy, improve your mood, and brighten your day. This can only be achieved when you clean regularly. Regular cleaning is a daily/weekly task that involves vacuuming, wiping, and dusting the visible parts of a home.
Table of Contents
Occasionally, more than regular cleaning is required. Dust and grime can start building over hard-to-reach areas of your home such as ceiling fans, window blinds, refrigerator coils, and many more. Therefore, you need to get your deep cleaning house checklist, and start it out.
Whether you are planning to hire cleaning services or do the work yourself, we’ll help you understand how it differs from regular cleaning, what deep cleaning includes, and when you should consider it for your home.
What is a deep house cleaning?
Deep cleaning is more than just picking up the clutter and wiping down different surfaces. It also includes sanitizing and disinfecting surfaces to help get rid of microorganisms that can pose harm to your family.
Deep cleaning a house generally takes longer compared to regular cleaning. It’s one of the reasons why people prefer to hire house cleaning services. This is for the reason that it involves a more detailed and comprehensive type of cleaning. Deep cleaning covers all corners and areas where all kinds of dust and dirt have accumulated over a long period of time.
This type of service uses strong cleaning solutions that help remove stubborn stains and sludge. Deep cleaning ensures a spotless and hygienic home.
When do you need to deeply clean your house?
Deeply cleaning your house can be done based on your needs. It could be every quarter of the year, once or twice a year. That depends on certain factors, mostly health-related ones that’ll push you to clean those nooks and crevices of your home.
Someone in the house gets sick frequently
When someone in your family gets sick, or experiences allergies, that’s a strong sign that you need to deeply clean your house. The dust hiding on your baseboards and cabinets needs to be wiped down.
Also, you need to check your tiles, dry walls, and wood, if there are molds growing there. Ensuring these hidden areas are cleaned is a must to prevent mold infestation. House cleaning service prices do not come cheap, but if it helps in securing your family’s health and wellness, it’s the way to go.
Foul odor gets more distinct every day
If you notice a nasty smell occurring daily, that calls for deep house cleaning. You’ll never know if there are molds or dead rodents. It could also be that some organic materials in your kitchen or bath are rotting due to water damage.
Furniture and upholsteries are looking older
When dust and stains accumulate on your furniture and upholsteries, they make them age faster. It can ruin their appearance and condition. If you see that these items have greenish or yellowish stains, that means you need to deeply clean your house.
What is included in a deep house cleaning?
To make sure you don’t miss a spot in your deep cleaning experience, here’s the list of tasks you should tackle in every room of your house:
The kitchen is one of the most used spaces in the house and therefore can end up a little filthy from food splatters and grease.
For deep cleaning, here are the things you should include:
- Cleaning the areas behind and beneath appliances.
- Cleaning and scrubbing inside appliances, such as the oven, refrigerator, and microwave.
- Wiping and organizing inside cabinets and drawers.
- Disinfecting knobs and switches
- Cleaning marble countertop is essential, especially with the tiles and grout lines, so as the backsplashes.
- Cleaning and disinfecting small kitchen appliances.
- Cleaning refrigerator coils.
The bathroom is a favorable environment for bacteria and other microorganisms because of its humid atmosphere. When your bathroom is cleaned and sanitized properly, it lessens the chance of the growth of these disease-causing agents.
Here’s what to include in your deep cleaning for your bathroom:
- Cleaning and scrubbing grout and tile floors.
- Emptying and disinfecting garbage bins.
- Removing soap scum and limescale from fixtures.
- Wiping and disinfecting baseboards and door frames.
- Disinfecting knobs and handles.
- Cleaning and disinfecting the toilet.
- Wiping and cleaning shower doors, curtains and vents.
If you think that your bathroom looks perpetually cluttered, there are bathroom remodeling trends that are aesthetically pleasing and cozy that you could consider. This project could surely change your life.
The living room is the spot of the house where you socialize and entertain your guests. Having a clean and decent-looking living room will make your visitors feel welcome and warm.
Don’t forget to include the following when deep cleaning your living room:
- Dusting and wiping down window sills, picture frames, and light fixtures.
- Dusting chandeliers and ceiling fans.
- Wiping and cleaning vents and window blinds.
- Emptying and disinfecting dust bins.
- Vacuuming carpets, furniture and upholstery.
- Wiping tables, cabinets, door frames and woodwork.
- Wiping and disinfecting switches and remote control.
After a long day at work or in school, all you want to do is get a good night’s sleep in your bedroom. Keeping your bedroom tidy gives you peace of mind and a sense of relaxation.
These are the things you should include in your deep cleaning list:
- Cleaning and making your bed.
- Changing bed linens.
- Dusting and vacuuming under the bed.
- Wiping and disinfecting door frames, handles and light switches.
- Wiping down lamps and lampshades.
- Dusting and wiping down dressers, tables, and chairs.
- Organizing and cleaning closets.
How different it is from regular cleaning?
Basic cleaning or regular cleaning consists of all tasks which you do regularly that keep your house well-organized and squeaky clean. This includes wiping up spills, arranging your things, cleaning after your pet’s messes, and vacuuming your carpet.
Cleaning your home daily or weekly helps combat general wear and tear on your appliances, walls, and flooring. Remember that you don’t have to devote an entire day to cleaning your home- you can break down the different tasks and do a few things every day.
When to get deep clean house cleaning?
Generally, deep cleaning is an occasional task/service you should get for a particular purpose.
Here are the different considerations you should choose deep cleaning over standard/regular cleaning:
- You just move into a new home. Giving your new home a good deep cleaning will ensure that it is germ-free and safe for you and your family.
- You’re planning to sell your house. To impress your potential buyers, you have to make sure that your home is spotless and smells new.
- You’re hosting a big event or party at your house. Your guests and visitors will naturally inspect the corners of your home. That is why deep cleaning is very crucial in this situation.
- You have not cleaned your house for quite some time. Deep cleaning of your home will give you a fresh perspective and help you and your family stay healthy. It is highly recommended to have your home deep cleaned around twice a year.
We also offer an online booking appointment service here, or just visit us on Instagram!